MEET JERRY ACUFF
Jerry Acuff has been consulting and speaking extensively on the issues of sales and marketing excellence for over 30 years. He knows what it is like to be a frustrated sales person starting out in sales (which is how he began). Through the years he has learned the secrets of how to be successful in selling as well as how to help others maximize their sales potential. Jerry embodies his philosophy of Thinking Like a Customer. It is important to view your sales interactions through the eyes of your customers. He advocates being “other focused”—caring more about the customer than about the sale. This is the approach that Jerry takes with his clients.
- CEO and founder of DELTA POINT in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Graduate of The Virginia Military Institute
- Client list includes 15 of the top 100 ranked companies in the world
- Jerry spent his career in the Pharmaceutical business and worked his way up to Vice President and General Manager of Hoechst- Roussel Pharmaceuticals. In his twenty-year career, there he was Salesman of the Year twice and District Manager of the Year three times.
- Jerry has been featured on MSNBC, The ABC Radio Network, the Fox Radio Network and also in Sales and Marketing Management Magazine, Entrepreneur magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The Street.com, Investor’s Business Daily, Fast Company, Selling Power, Readers Digest and, Selling Power Live.
- He has been to the White House to share his views on healthcare reform
- Twice was an Executive in Residence at The Amos Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
- He has been an Executive in Residence at Northern Illinois University twelve times
- He is rated as one of the top 5 sales experts in the world by salesguru.com
- Was recently named one of the 50 Best Salespeople of all time on a list that includes Steve Jobs, Benjamin Franklin, and Warren Buffet.
- He was recognized as CEO of the Year for Arizona by Corporate Vision Magazine.
- 19 of the 20 salespeople he hired were in the top 8% of the company within 2 years and 13 ultimately got promoted to management
- He and was recently named the Best Pharmaceutical Marketing CEO in
- North America for Pharmaceuticals by Business Worldwide Magazine for Delta Point’s innovative approach to sales, marketing and training.
- Jerry is the author of 4 best-selling business books.
- 11 Universities in their Marketing Curriculum use his first book, The Relationship Edge in Business published by John Wiley and Sons.
- Recently named 2017 International Gamechanger of the Year by ACQ5 Magazine
- Jerry Acuff’s firm was awarded the 2017 International Strategic Advisory Firm of the Year (Biopharmaceutical) Award
- Jerry was named the 2017 Gamechanger of the Year Award by ACQ5 Magazine.